Customers hate to wait in the queue even on busy days when it is understandable. Queue management has been one of the main concerns of customer care staff as they aim to increase efficiency, give quality service, and satisfy their customers. The Retailflux queue management system technology aims at understanding customer patterns and behavior to assist in planning and managing queues at retail outlets.
How The Retailflux Queue Management System Works
- Prediction of Bottlenecks: Shopkeepers are notified by AI-powered monitors of likely congestion in the queue lines. The cameras also detect the presence of cashiers, which is important in the overall analysis.
- Measurement of dwell time and average service time: The customer and cashier dwell and service time i.e., how long the customer takes in the queue and how long the cashier takes to serve the customer can be measured by the advanced video processing algorithms.
- Queue abandonment rate: The monitoring cameras detect when a shopper leaves a queue from behind.
How It Benefits Your Business
- It aims to establish how many customers queue at the checkpoint.
- It ensures that the shoppers in the queues are getting quality service.
- Real-time notifications on queuing levels/density i.e., the presence of too many customers in a queue or very few of them, which informs the store employees decision making, to avoid congestion and enhance efficiency.
- These real-time predictions enable the shopkeepers to identify if they need to assign new cashiers or close down the empty checkpoints. The queue reports can also enable the business owner to identify the problems in his/her service chains.
The Retailflux queue management system technology provides crucial information in real-time that is necessary for management and staff to make quick decisions hence improving on delivery. It also helps in the analysis, planning, and proper allocation of resources for optimal service quality. Do contact us for further inquiries.